Friday, April 27, 2012

April Once upon a ...Sketch

Another great challenge from Once upon a ... Sketch to get the mojo flowing, well, kinda, sorta.

Home

 The theme of this challenge is HOME. 
We would like you to create a layout and interpret the theme "HOME" however you like based on the following sketch. You can journal as little or as much as you like, but your layout must incorporate this theme  and this sketch. 

These pictures are of our first place together, a little flat that we renovated completely, and then sold. We repeated the process at our next dwelling, and literally had the house on the market and sold within 2 days of completing the reno.

This time we have not done any work to our house. I love our home and where we live, I can see us growing old here with grandchildren and great grandchildren coming to visit. I guess I am a little afraid of starting any renovations because I might get it in my head that we need to move on when they are completed. Its not like they are not needed, believe me they are - some rather desperately - but I'm not ready for any changes here.

We have found our forever home.

I have altered the sketch to suit my layout, turning it anti-clockwise and using 3 photos where Nadia used one.  The die cut is by Making Memories and has lived in my paper stash for many years, just waiting for the right project. I have teamed it with some
Bo Bunny Et cetera papers and a fantastic Crate Paper woodgrain paper that I simply must buy more of - I love it!

I rummaged around to find some neutral fabrics and made some little flowers with Prima wood buttons for centres. My 'journal' button came from Eve at Evalicious, where you can pick up the most darling embellishments and kits. Finally I inked, embossed and distressed a chipboard key , just because I liked the idea of Home and a key, and tied it to my layout with matching ribbon.

Hope you find yourself at HOME here at my blog.

All comments greedily accepted like chocolate on Easter Sunday - thanks for looking.


7 comments:

  1. Hi Felicity....I love this layout especially the cluster of the flowers wit hthe title just gorgeous!!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at Once Upon A...Sketch!
    hugz
    irini

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Felicity! Thank you for your visit and comment,... i love your take on OUAS's april sketch! And also your latest post with those little guys is amazing! Love the stars! xxx lucia

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty! Love the shapes that you used here! Tks. for playing along with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this page you definately did some great rummaging, lol!I love the 'journal' button and the diecut paper. You made it all work so well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mojo is just fine Felicity! This is a great take on the sketch!!!!Thanks for playing along at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really pretty and I especially love that corner cluster! Thanks for playing along at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Felicity - So much love and attention to detail have gone into this beauty. LOVE how you have altered the sketch!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at OUAS

    ReplyDelete

Please share the love and leave a comment...