Sunday, April 1, 2012

Once upon a ...sketch

You simply must participate in the blog hop over at Once upon a ... sketch to celebrate their 1st birthday.

Yes, there are lots of prizes up for grabs, but the best bit is you get a glimpse into the creativity of some of our fave DT members. Like you, I have checked out the blogs of some of these designers before, but by hopping to all of them I think I may have found some new favorites and have certainly picked up some great ideas to use in the future.

Hop on over really fast, it finishes at midnight on 5th April.

March 1st Journalling criteria/theme: All about me!

The focus of your journaling and the theme of your layout has to be based on YOU and something/s that you are really good at. Don't be shy! We are all good at something as small or as big as it might be.

I had a problem working out if there was anything I was really good at, this is the reason I completed the layout after the deadline. 




Biggest fan




When I sat down with my cuppa and had a think, a long think, I worked out that I spend most of my time being a mum. Now I am not the best cook, nurse, teacher or coach that my kids have, not by a long shot. But I realised that I am always taking them to and from their activities, supporting them and their class/teams/club to participate at their best and helping out when I can. I am the first mum with their hand up when they need extra parents, I change my schedule at the drop of a hat if the kids have a presentation at school or an excursion or sporting event. I spend hours guiding the kids through their Cub Scout achievement badges and love it! 

I am their support, their encouragement, their biggest fan. 
This is what I am good at!

This photo was taken on Saturday 11th Feb before the kids played their first games at the Warragul Junior Basketball Tournament. Over the course of the weekend their teams didn't have much success, but they all got lots of court time and experience, and most of all - had lots of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share the love and leave a comment...