Thursday, May 10, 2012

May Show us your Stuff

You 2 share a love of books

I have photographed my layout again since it had lots of shadows and didn't nearly look its best.
My handmade items are the heart and my red buttons. I cut the heart from some chipboard and painted with my new favorite product, distress crackle paint by Ranger. The buttons were made from Fimo using a great tutorial by the brilliant Leeann Pearce . I made them some time ago for another project but they just didn't work and so I put them away for a rainy day.

I customised all of my 'orphan' alphas with patterned paper, paint or book pages.

 
I took this photo of my kids not long ago and was waiting for the right project idea to come along. Then from outta nowhere this 'Pin-spirational' image from Show us your Stuff and the creative juices just flowed.

My jounaling reads:

4th April 2012
I snapped this picture of you together, completely fascinated by the Book of Guiness World Records and the amazing facts it contains. I hope your love of reading and thirst for knowledge lasts all of your lives.
Love Mum xx

6 comments:

  1. Oh this is stunning - thank you so much for playing over at SUYS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Felicity love your lo! glad you got to use your photo that you have been waiting to use thanks for joining us at SUYS cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous layout Felicity. I love your handmade goodies. Especially the hearts. Thanks for playing at SUYS x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, this is lovely Felicity.
    Ranger crackle paint is one of my faves too. You're heart and buttons look fab.
    thanks for playing along this month at SUYS.
    Cheers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely layout Felicity! Loves your embellishments around the page! Reading is so important and fun for kids! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your take on the inspiration photo thank you for joining us at SUYS

    ReplyDelete

Please share the love and leave a comment...