Tuesday, June 5, 2012

June Kraft it Up

Only you hold the key to my heart


Another challenge from kraft it up! 

** JUNE'S CHALLENGE **This month your challenge is to create a layout using Kraft Cardstock or Kraft Patterned Paper
and the following...
3 Different Alpha's + 3 Photos + A title with 3 or more words + a masked background!

I thought all  the requirements of this months' challenge might be hard to put together, but once I had a spark of an idea it came together quite quickly.

I have used some MME patterned kraft combined with plain kraftcontrasting navy cardstock. My alphas are Prima stickers in 2 different fonts, and some RW lasercut chippie alphas that I've painted and glimmermisted.
















Rummaging found me an old key that was no longer needed, so I transformed it with paint, ink and embossing powder. For instructions on similar techniques check out the You tube tute for shabby chic keys.

I used the Kaisercraft wooden flower branch as a mask for glimmermist, then added some pretty pearls to it and attatched it to my layout. It was more fragile than I remember them being, or else my big clumbsy fingers were less careful, and I managed to break it in several places. Never fear - Helmar Scrapdots to the resue! Yes, incredibly through the mountain of junk on my desk I managed to find this exceptional product and it saved the day.

Maybe I'm getting more sentimental as I get older, or maybe I just realise that some day my memory will fail me - either way I'm grateful for that little twinge that reminds me to journal on my layouts. I have included a little glimmermisted tag behind my photos with my journalling.

3 comments:

  1. Love love love this Felicity. All those layers look great & that big key just sets the whole thing off. Thanks for joining in over at KIU.
    Cheers Di xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous. Not sure if it's just the photo, but the whole thing has a cool metalic look to it, which goes so well with the key!
    (P.S. Thanks for your kind comments about my portrait attempts!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your title...very creative....and the overlapping photos..looks great..thanks for playing along at KIU

    ReplyDelete

Please share the love and leave a comment...