Friday, July 13, 2012

CMH Hoopla continues...

Stop and Smell the roses

And so theChallenge me Happy Anniversay Hoopla continues.
I was inspired by the simplicity of Marie's sketch and wanted to put my own spin on it and love the result!

I adore these photos of my sweet and gentle goat Souva (yes, it's short for Souvlaki). She is just like a big puppy dog - with horns - who loves nothing more than a scratch and a cuddle. Don't be concerned, she will never meet her fate in the kitchen, can't you see what a wonderful job she does of pruning?

The background paper is from one of my fave Bo Bunny collections, and I have rummaged through my scraps and found some beautiful Pink Paislee and Prima papers to make my rosettes from. I picked up the frame from the Warehouse, zshushed the Kaisercraft wood flourish with some glimmermist and filled the gaps with some simple Prima blooms. The Basic Grey vines have been rubbed onto some acrylic and attatched to my layout with Scrap Dots to add just a little more dimension.


And here's the sketch that provided the inspiration:


Don't forget you have until the 15th of July to enter the challenges so get to it!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this is just stunning!! So much gorgeousness to look at!! So glad you've joined us for our CMH birthday Hoopla!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful! Love how you used the sketch.

    ReplyDelete

Please share the love and leave a comment...