Tuesday, October 16, 2012

SEM October Sketch Challenge

We will ROCK you!
 

My kids had their school concert last month, a rock musical set to music by ABBA and Queen. The songs they had to sing were "Money, money, money" and "Princes of the Universe".
Can you guess who sang what?




I really wanted to scrap these photos, they capture so much personality! I started out with some pretty paper but decided I needed to grunge it up a bit. I used glimmermist over washi tape as a mask, a grid stamp, scrunched it all and then added some doodling. The guitar was a lucky find when searching for music clip art.

Einat set this months sketch challenge with a lovely sketch from PageMaps.


and the Scrap twist: Since this is the season of the Jewish New Year the twist will be to use red or green colors and shades on your layout (like the colors of an apple). One of the New Year's traditions is to eat an apple with honey: an apple so the year will be round, whole with no bumps or obstacles, and honey so the year will be good and sweet.
 
(Sorry Einat, I didn't intend to take your beautiful sentiment and mess it up so much, but that's how the sketch worked for me!)
 
Be sure to check out the DT samples at SEM and have a go at using the sketch this month.
 
Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share the love and leave a comment...