Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Sharing an everyday miracle...

Its my turn to share an everyday miracle at SEM this month, my first post in my DT role and I am so nervous that I have done something really wrong - spelling and grammatical errors will abound!

I took some time out to think about the everyday miracles that have touched my life, and one that I far too often take for granted is acceptance. I am blessed to live in a diverse family who have been exposed to the very multicultural mix that is modern Melbourne. Here is a little sample of my post...

This is my Grade Prep photo, taken in 1979. I am in the front row seated 2nd from the right, with my home haircut and pretty dress that Mum sewed for me.


In this class of 31 children I can distinctly remember having friends who came from Greece, Turkey, Egypt, Italy, Israel, Finland, Vietnam, Cambodia, New Zealand and Yugoslavia (as it was known then), and they are the nations that come to mind over 30 years later, there may have been more. We shared our cultures, stories, our food and languages. This was our normal.

My family embraced this multiculturalism that my brother Adam and I lived amongst. 
Adam has learning difficulties and special needs. Cahn accepted him as his friend. Adam never noticed that Cahn was Vietnamese. He accepted him as his friend. My parents ‘adopted’ Cahn, since he was living in the care of the Wesley Mission, but what he really needed was a family.

Galations 3:28
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

Please drop by  Scrapping Everyday Miracles to read the rest of my post.
 
Thanks for looking xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share the love and leave a comment...